Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

THE RABBIT AND THE TURTLE


One day a rabbit and a turtle were talking. The rabbit said to the turtle, “You’re the slowest animal on earth. I don’t understand why you brother to move at all.
“May be I’m slow,” said the turtle, “But I think I can win a race with you.”
The rabbit laughed, “Fine,” she said. “I’ll see you at the finish line,” and she ran off.
It was a hot day and the rabbit began to feel a little sleepy. “I think I’ll take a little nap under this tree,” she thought. “If turtle passes me, it will be easy to run ahead of her later.”
The rabbit fell asleep. When she woke up it was dark. Suddenly she remembered the race. She got up and began run when she reached the finished line, the turtle was waiting for her.
“Well,” said turtle. “Guess I won.”

Taken from: In Good Company

No comments:

Post a Comment