Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

YOUNG MEN ARE NOT STRONGER THAN OLD MEN


Some of Nasreddin’s  old friend were talking about the young people in their town. They all agreed that old people were wiser than young people. Then one of the old man said, “but young men are stronger than old men.” All of them agreed that was true, except Nasreddin.  He said, “No. I’m stronger now as when I was a young man.” “What d you mean?” said his friend. “How is that possible? Explain youurself!” well, said Nasreddin, “in one corner of my garden there is a big rock.  When I was a young man I always tried to move it, but couldn’t because I was not stronger enough. I am old man now, and I try to move it, I still cannot.”


Taken from: Intermediate stories for Reproduction

No comments:

Post a Comment