Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

THE SIMPLE PAST OF BE

Simple Past → activities or situation began and ended in past (yesterday, last night, last Monday, last week, two days ago and in 2011).

Simple Past Tense of Be:
Singular
Plural
I
She
He
It
We
They
You

Examples :
a. He was in the pool last week
b. They were in Korean last month.
c. Yesterday I was at home
d. They were here two days ago

I was
You were
She was
He was 
We were
They were
a student.
students. 
Noun
Happy.
Sad .
Adjective
At home.
At school.
Adverb

We can put a noun, adjective, or adverb after was and were.

Form of Nominal senteces.
Positive
SUBJECT + TO BE + COMPLEMENT
I/He/She/It + Was + Complement
We/They/You + Were + Complement

Negative
SUBJECT + TO BE + NOT + COMPLEMENT
I/He/She/It + Was + Not + Complemen
We/They/You + Were + Not + Complement

Yes-No Question
TO BE + SUBJECT + Complement
Was + I/He/She/It + Complement ?
Were + We/They/You + Complement ?


No comments:

Post a Comment