Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

HOW DO YOU FELL?

1.      Expressing regret
Expressing regret is being sorry or sad about something.
Some expression to express regret:
a.       Express regret about someone’s personal circumstance.
Examples:
·         I’m sorry to hear that
·         Oh, that’s too bad. I’m sorry to hear that
b.      Expressing regret about a minor accident or event.
Examples:
·         What a pity
·         What a shame
·         What a nuisance
c.       Expressing shock or regret about serious accident
Examples:
·         Goodness!
·         How awful!
·         How terrible!
·         How dreadful!
2.      Expressing apology
Some expressions to apologize to someone:
·         I’m sorry,
·         I’m very sorry,
·         I’m terribly sorry,
·         Excuse me,
·         Pardon me
·         I apologize,
·         I’m afraid it’s all my fault,
3.      Expression of asking and giving permission
We can use some expression below:
·         Can I speak to Arya?
·         Could I use your telephone?
·         Do you thing I couldn’t borrow your bicycle?
·         May I come in?
·         Can I some here?
Some expressions give permissions:
·         Certainly
·         Yes, of course
·         Yes, please do
·         Yes you may, if you like
4.      Expression request
You can use one of the expressions below to request something:
a.       Wishing to get something, or to get something done.
·         “could I see your for a minute?” by all means”
·         “would you pass the salt, please?” sure, here you are”
b.      Request for help.
·         “would you done me favor?” well, it depends”
·         “ I wonder if you could help me move this table”, “ oh, sure”
c.       Request for permission.
·         “Do you mind if I go to sleep?”, “not at all. Go right ahead”
·         “may I come little later?” yes, that will be quite all right”
d.      Request for information
·         “Excuse me, but could you tell me the way to the stations?”,”yes, it’s not far from her. Go straight down here, and take the first turn to your let”
·         “Could you tell me the time, please?’ “ it’s twenty past ten’
5.      Expressions to offer something
Some expression to express something;
·         Let me carry your book
·         Allow me to help you
·         Can I help you?
·         Shall I carry your book?
·         Do you want to me bring the camera with me?
·         Would you like me to prepare your stuff?
Some of the responses are:
·         Thank you
·         That’s very kind of you
·         I’d appreciate that
·         You are too kind
·         No, thanks. I can manage it
6.      Expression of sympathy
Some expressions to express sympathy are:
·         I’m sorry to hear that
·         I’m sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
·         I was deeply saddened to hear of your loss.
·         You have my deepest sympathies on the death of your aunt.
·         May the comfort of god help you during this difficult time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment